Consultant - Research
Alison is an experienced hands-on applied social scientist dedicated to making demonstrable contributions through research to society and the economy, and organisations. She is PRINCE2 qualified with 12 years project management and research as a Principle Investigator in the UK and across Europe. Expertise and business competencies include: building and nurturing project partnerships, project management, academic and business research, evaluation and impact, enterprise training, operational and data analysis, business and project planning, navigating unpredictable and complex partnerships, understanding the needs of project commissions, and negotiating and developing responses to need in order to achieve positive results.
Successes from research commissions and business partnerships include: European Commission, DCMS (Department of Media, Culture and Sport) UK, RIGT (Responsible Gambling Trust), enterprise projects (e.g. National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts), local and regional Government authorities (e.g. Government Office North West, Blackpool Borough Council, Lancashire County Council), the National Health Service (Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen Drug and Alcohol Action Teams, NHS Blackpool), the Police and Criminal Justice (e.g. Her Majesty’s Prison Service & National Offender Management Service), and private and voluntary organisations.
Specialisms and skill set across a range of roles includes: direct experience of managing a range of complex and sensitive projects from start to finish, assessing and translating the needs of commissioners, managing and mitigating risk, and providing timely effective outputs and results. An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, a track record of developing exceptional project relationships, and confident leading research at all levels whilst providing a consistent quality customer/client service.
• BA (HONS)
• Masters Social Science Research (Distinction)
• PGCAP (Distinction)
• Diploma Social Work
• BTec Counselling Theory & Practice
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
• Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA)
• Co-founder and Chair, Research Staff Association (RSA), Lancaster University
• Member, Personal Development Review (PDR) Review Committee, Lancaster University
• Representative (Research Support Office), Concordat Implementation Group, Lancaster University [UK Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers]
• Executive Member, University and College Union (UCU) [Specialism: Fixed term employment contracts]
• Member, Parent Committee, Friends of Bolton-Le-Sands Primary School (FOBLES)
Alison is married with 2 children and enjoys, walking, baking, open water swimming, camping, and reading.
CRB/DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) advanced safeguarding and criminal justice clearance held in the UK from 2001 - current.